I’ve been in the second trimester for a couple weeks now, so I wanted to document the things that really helped me get through those first few tough months and are even helping me still today.
1. IMAK compression Pain Relief Sleep Mask – I have been getting headaches and migraines often so far this pregnancy. I was telling Peter besides my beloved pillow which I will explain more about below, this has been the best purchase so far during this pregnancy. When I get headaches I like something tight around my head to help with the pain and pressure. I used to wrap a t-shirt around my head semi-tight, which did the trick, but this thing totally takes the cake in that department. It has gel beads in it and has the perfect amount of weight to make your head feel so much better. You can even put it in the freezer. It also blocks out all light. I go to bed pretty early, sometimes when it is still light out, and this mask helps me to fall asleep fast. If you suffer from headaches or migraines, I HIGHLY suggest this mask.
2. BKR water bottle 1L – I had the smaller version of this (500ml) and I switched to the larger version (1L) since I have been drinking so much water lately. I love the simple design. I love that it’s glass. It’s a splurge for sure, but worth it because I use it all day, every day. And it’s so pretty to look at.
3. Bumpnest Pregnancy Pillow Pillow – Oh this pillow. I thank the heavens for it daily. I wouldn’t be sleeping a wink without it. I was a stomach sleeper before getting pregnant and this keeps me on my side with my back supported. It has a removable cover, which is so nice, so I just throw it in the wash when I wash our bedding. I have been sick and in bed a lot. This pillow has helped me rest, and recover. Love, love, love it. EDITED — This pillow is unfortunately not available anymore. But here is one that is very similar.
4. Bringing up Bebe – I really enjoyed the thoughts and tips in this book. I found myself nodding right along saying “Yep. that makes total sense” If you are looking for an interesting read about how French parenting differs from American parenting I recommend you read this book. I am also looking forward to reading Bebe Day by Day, written by the same author.
5. Burt’s Bees Mama Bee Belly Butter – I love that this stuff is unscented. My belly has been getting itchy and this has helped. I put it on nightly.
6. Rainbow Light Prenatal vitamins – I started out taking a gummy prenatal at the beginning of my pregnancy, and then about gagged them up after the first month. I couldn’t take it anymore. The taste just grossed me out. These Rainbow Light vitamins have been great. Easy to digest and I have felt no side effects from them.
7. The bump app – This app has a great week at a glance, for each week of your pregnancy. It also has a helpful community, with a sometimes very entertaining message board. It’s nice to hear from other pregnant women about the same things that I am going through. I hop on this app daily.
8. Cerave PM moisturizer – My skin has been pretty dry, and this is my go to for keeping my skin moisturized. I use this every morning before applying my makeup, even though it’s for nighttime.
Do you have any pregnancy favorites? I would love to hear about them!